Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Digest

I have been remiss this week, but I hope to make up for it!  I'm sitting down this afternoon to do my final catching up while the laundry is in, with one eye on the Packers-Bears game.  At the moment we're leading 14-0, with a shot at the Superbowl hanging in the balance.  I needn't clarify who "we" is, right?

I went up to Sagrado Corazon this morning for Mass and must report that it's due for a downgrade.  I finally got their pastor (as opposed to the various guest preachers I've seen at prior Masses) and the sad fact is that this roly-poly Salvadoran dumpling man, who is undoubtedly jolly and friendly and all manner of things, is a mediocre (at best) homilist.  And this before he attempted to shove a "respect for life" message into his sermon (tomorrow is the March for Life, after all, so avoid the Mall, those of you who support people having access abortion, even if you never want one yourself).  I won't rant too much on it, but I'm mystified as to how "the people who walked in darkness have seen a great light" somehow translates into a demand for obedience.  Really?  Points off, sir.  (For those of you keeping score, I'm knocking three points off the Liturgy score, down to two, for a recalculated average of 3.75.  Not so impressive now.)

OK, enough of that.  You want to know what I've written up that you've been waiting for for a week now, don't you?  Well, just look below.

New Posts
Jan. 12: The Battle of Gettysburg
Jan. 13: Raging Kitsch
Jan. 18: [Have an] Ice Day
Jan. 22: Lembas?

EDIT (8:00pm): HA!  Superbowl for the Packers - the first in more than a decade!  I am pumped!  But who will we be playing?  I don't know, but what I do know is that I need a Packers flag to fly from my balcony.  Photos to come, should I be able to find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment