Thursday, December 9, 2010

Have You Been...Drinking?

I have a smallish mash-up/signwreck to share, for which I alas have no picture.  But the visual is not quite so funny as the concept, and I trust my own story-telling skills enough to recount this humorous little incident.

Yesterday at work we had a bake sale for the Combined Federal Campaign, the pre-winter holidays month-long charity drive, the only time when anyone can solicit donations for any cause in the federal workplace.  There's an entire book of places you can select to donation a bit of your paycheck every week, and plenty of paperwork, but our coordinators have tried - successfully, I think - to shake things up a bit.  One such initiative is this bake sale, for which I contributed some of my delicious Chocolate Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (cow patties). 

Naturally, as is often the case with things of this scale, far more was contributed than could possibly be consumed in the course of a single day (I'm told the big conference room on the north side of the building was full), so today they've assembled the remnants in the break room and are selling them for half price.  As I was walking down the hall to the bathroom this afternoon I noticed that some signs had been put up directing would-be buyers to the location of this second, smaller sale.  The title was what caught my eye:

Hangover Bake Sale
In the Break Room
10am until everything's gone!

Not leftover, mind you, hangover.  I had the irresistible image of my boss and various other senior workers staggering drunk into the break room and scarfing cookies and cupcakes "until everything's gone," and nearly lost it in the middle of the hallway.  Especially because my boss is on a diet...

Might I also add that none of my cookies made it to the hangover bake sale?  You see, when I bake a thing, people like it.  Even food-fussies like the communications director.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment