Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Vacation!

It's been a long time coming, but tomorrow I leave DC for the wilds of frigid Wisconsin.  I realize that I leave a number of promised posts (see yesterday's entry) unwritten, but I promise to write them in between meeting up with family friends, playing with the cats, and enjoying not having to get up at 6 every weekday morning.  I will only have intermittent internet access while away, of course, but hopefully I'll be so fully recharged after a week off that I'll be able to write all the remaining December posts and then start into January on time, rather than lagging behind!  And pigs might fly, but you know, around about this time last year swine flu.  (Hee hee!)

Enough of that - I've got to finish packing so I can get to bed.  I'm very worn out today, but the anticipation of vacation has put some wind in my sails - enough to wrap presents and shove things in my suitcase, at least.  But hey - the nights are getting shorter now, and I don't have to do anything substantive at work until January 3rd.  Things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment