Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Rug Came!

And it was good for me.  Was it good for you?

Heyyyy bay-bay...
I have long been a fan of hardwood - floors, that is - but my experience with it, especially in my parents' home, is warm glowing hardwood which has lots of rugs and furniture on it, so it's more like you get little glimpses of caramel-yellow.  Here, on the other hand, I get great wide expanses, because I don't have hardly any furniture (also, my hardwood floors are not as nice as my parents', because theirs are original to the house (late 1800s), while mine are original to the complex (mid-1960s).  Still, far better this than wall-to-wall carpet, which is a maintenance issue I just don't want to have to deal with. 

Of course, you'd like to see the rug spread out now, wouldn't you?  So would I.
Nice, no?  I have to give artistic credit to my sister, who spotted it on Target's website while I was tweaking out about something (I forget what) back in August during move-in.  The colors are in reality a bit richer than this photo suggests, but northern light has a tendency to wash things out.  Fortunately, though, it doesn't fade stuff, and my plants don't seem to mind too much.  The rug draws a bit on Frank Lloyd Wright's design style (in stained glass, specifically) and definitely his color palette, and happily the brown edge is pretty close to the brown I painted my wall - I can claim in truth that I planned it that way, since this rug is what inspired me to paint the wall brown. In short, I am quite pleased.  Now I just need my dining room set to show up, and then I can buy a couch...hooray capitalism!  And delicious carpet.  You up for a little rug-burn tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment