Thursday, February 10, 2011

Still Freezing...

It's been two and a half hours with both convectors going - blowing cool air, I should note - and it hasn't gotten any warmer in here.  It's still 63 degrees.  I have now turned the convectors up to 80 (they were at 70 before) in the hopes of achieving something, but they're still pumping cool air.  We are not amused.

So it was a bit of a Zen moment when I stumbled across this article on DCist, entitled "Hot Hot Heat: What To Do If You Don't Have It."  Apparently, landlords are obligated, between October 15th and May 15th, to provide heating capabilities that can keep an apartment at 68 between 6:30a and 11:30p, and at 65 for the remainder of the day.  As you'll note, 63 does not satisfy either of those criteria.

What does this mean?  It means that I wouldn't actually be in the wrong if I were to complain about this.  Of course, it needs to be evident that this is a chronic problem, and I haven't had this degree (ha) of trouble up until now - as far as I can remember, anyway.  So we'll see if the convectors can warm this place up, or else I may to speak to someone about how this just isn't OK.

Stay warm, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment