Saturday, February 5, 2011

On Eggs

I have just returned from celebrating Chinese New Year with excellent food and really smart and interesting people, but I wanted to share a bit of cuteness that came in a package from my mother today.  An early birthday present, she called it.

What is it? you ask.  It's the cutest egg separator in all of creation, I tell you.  Mom has been sending me recipes of late which require the separation of eggs, and I've mentioned on multiple occasions that I don't have an egg separator (and yes, I know you can just pour the egg back and forth between two bits of shell, but that's too messy for my taste, and presumes that after cracking the egg you have two usable pieces of shell, which is not generally the case for me), so she obviously put two and two together and decided to send an egg separator along with the box of books I had requested.

Rather conveniently, it also hooks onto the edge of bowls of a certain thickness, making egg separation a breeze!  Now I just need a complex recipe that requires a bunch of egg whites - and another to use up all the resultant extra yolks.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment