Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cross-Country Drive, Part II: Seen in Ohio

This evening I'm in Hagerstown, Maryland, a bit more than a hour north of the District of Columbia - tomorrow we drive down and I move in.  A pretty uneventful - if uncomfortable - drive, and alas, I don't have anything quite as funny as yesterday to share in the way of signs.  I did, however, see an advertisement for Schlepp's Family Restaurant, and I sincerely hope that they have an ad which advises potential patrons to "Schlepp on over the Schlepp's" ("schlepp," of course, being the Yiddish for hauling oneself somewhere, usually unwillingly).  Since this was in Ohio, I don't know how well that would fly, but I think it would be hilarious.

It may be early, but I'm off to bed.  We need to get up early to make it into DC with sufficient time to move.  If I manage to get my internet to work (UPS says my modem has been delivered, but I'm only vaguely hopeful that I'll be able to get my internet to actually function) I'll post something tomorrow.  Wish me more luck - it's been working so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment